Wednesday, May 7, 2008

life without internet

Oh how our lives are now somewhat controlled by the internet. I didn't have it for about 2 weeks when changing providers and it was strange. I constantly thought of something needed to look it up online only to remember I couldn't.

I did get some sewing done. Made the dresses for two of the Paper Doll Dress quilt I'm making for my granddaughter Madison. And almost finished a block for the Vintage Valentine quilt I'm making for another granddaughter Sarah. Need to add some rick rack to one of the dresses and make a petticoat for the other, then applique them to the background fabric. The colors of both quilts are pinks and greens. I found identical material that looks solid from a distance and came in pale pink and green. I will alternate the blocks. Most of the dresses are pink so they will look good on either.

While I didn't have the internet I reminissed about our forefathers and mothers and how they spent their days. No TV, no Internet, no radio a lot of the time, no electrical appliances. All of which are to make life or living easier and I really wonder do they.

Today it seems families don't get together often. It is lack of interest in family or just a busier life style that leaves no time for visiting.

No comments: