Wednesday, January 21, 2009

New Year, New Home

Well after helping my Granddaughter with her 2 small boys (she is single Mom), I'm in a new place of my own. It is much larger than any of the apartments/houses I've had in the last 13 years since my divorce. Other than one house which had a rent I couldn't afford on just my retiremet it is the one I like best. It has lots of room, lots of storage, a nice kitchen and 2 full baths. The town is small which is OK, since I don't do the night scene or a lot of shopping.

I have had sme things either in storage or if I had them in the house with me some never were unpacked over the past several years. I now am unpacking everything. Since some of the times I moved friends helped me pack and they packed everything in site - so now I have things that should not have been packed to cull and trash or get rid of. I'm also downsizing my huge wardrobe and removing things I don't wear and some that I won't wear again . I also find some things I used in other places I don't want to use any more won't work in the cabinets here (like cabinet organizers) that I need to find someone that wants them. I belong to a group of Freecyclers on the internet for this locale and will advertise there and what I can't give away will go to the dumpster.

I have one quilt top almost finished. I have the top together, the border pieced and just need to add a small border strip, then the pieced outside border and quilt. Now I'm debating what fabric I want to use for a backing the top is a collection of squares and 4 rectangles of photos of animals, birds and/or fish. It is assembled with autumn fabric strips to even out the rows, so I'm leaning to an over all print of "autumn leaves", camouflage print or a moda type fabric. Hopefully that decision won't take long as I'd like to get this one finished. I gave him the top for Christmas with the promise to finish it soon.

I've decided to work on the quilts I want to make for family in groups. Done the one for my EX he is oldest and he got his first. Then will work on the ones for my 4 children (next oldest) and when they are finished work on 11 for grandchildren then the ones for great grandchldren. I now have 6 greatgrandchildren, with new one due inn April, but that list is still growing. Somewhere in the mix I'd like to make a couple for myself and I've found several while surfing I'd like to make tooooo.

No comments: