Thursday, October 8, 2009

This Year is Slipping by Fast

Here it is October and Fall, the temps are lower and we have had a lot of rain. Keeps me busy keeping the grass mowed.

With the gathering of family here for Thanksgiving this year, I'm trying to finish getting things unpacked, cleaned and put away. There is still much to do and the days are passing quickly. I remember as a child it took forever for Christmas to come or any other special day I looked forward to. Hmmm, is it that I'm busier now than then and I'm not just sitting waiting and wondering. Could be.

The rains were so nice and so badly needed by so many. But I read and see on TV of many that got to much rain and lost lives and homes due to the flooding. For this reason, when I look for a house to move to I always scope out the lay of the land and make sure I'm high enough to be away from any flooding.

No comments: