Monday, August 17, 2009

Getting Organized

For once before I die, I hope to have everything related to one type of hobby together. AM I dreaming - hope not.

Because I'm trying to collect everything related together, I've decided to put it in large plastic containers to segregate to projects later. For example everything Crazy Quilting (CQ)embelishments in one container, CQ fabric in another, fat quarters in one, fabric yardage in another, etc. Right now have all the books in book case, but they will need to be sorted once I find them all.

I ordered and received the other day some new oil paints after I'd found some brushes. I need to get some stretched canvases so I can start painting again. It has been years since I painted and I miss working in this media. I have a lot of walls in this house to decorate and since I lost a most of the paintings I had in 1995 (some I painted and some I bought) I now need to paint replacements because I no longer have the funds to purchase them. Also, the artist that many were from I can no longer afford as his paintings have increased drastically in price. In fact one I'd purchased for $50 by one of the two came to me and offered to buy it back several years later for 6 times what I paid for it. He needed painting for a showing in Houston, and didn't have enough time to paint enough for the show. Needless to say I refused then it was in a manner of speaking stolen from me a little later along with almost everything I owned.

No comments: