Friday, August 21, 2009

And the house looks more like HOME everyday.

KITCHEN:

I have ordered the last of the fabric for making curtains (balloon shades) for my kitchen windows. I have a yard of a beautiful fruit print fabric in vibrant colors of reds, purples, golds and greens. When Murielle and I put the Navy that was really blue with it, it did not pop, so we decided a purplish Navy would be better. I just found two fabrics that are purplish navy one darker than the other and ordered both. But when I put the three fabrics to gether it really looked good using either of the navy fabrics. So can't wait for it to arrive.

think first one will work better

This is the way the finished shade will look. Where the white is will be navy. I'd thought of putting some appliques in the panel but not sure. I kinda like it this way.

The curtains on all the other windows were bought ready made. Later I may change them out, but think I'll just make a shade to put beneath them to help cut out more sunlight and help the house stay cooler in summer.

Found my round rug for the kitchen have it in front of the refrigerator. Now need to buy one for the stove and sink. Those 2 were not retreaved from the kitchen. Think they might have been washed and been OK. Just didn't fool with them.

LIVING ROOM:

Living room furniture will be here on the first of Sep. Here is a photo, once I get them here will take one of them in my room. It shows a chaise and I'd hoped to get that too - but it had been discontinued. Will have to find one or an overstuffed chair to go in there.

I will keep my antique end tables and now on the look out for a coffee table. I have a new oil paint kit and found my brushes. Now to get a couple of canvases and paint some new paintings to
hang in there.

Have a couple of tall lamps but need to get new shades the ones that were on them got damaged with all the smoke and the last move.


The two chairs in this photo will be recovered with the fabric on the right. I have it and it looks so good in the room.

I'll also make a cornice to cover the windows of this same fabric. Now the question is do I make two cornices and cover both windows on each wall and make it look like one large window (I think this would probably be best due to the size of the room.) Are do I make 4 and put individual cornice on each window.

The room is coming together so nicely and isn't costing me an arm and a leg in the process.

No comments: