Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day

Nothing is better for Mother's Day than to have conversation with your children, if you can't visit in person.

I live near my youngest daughter and went to her house for supper, but had phone calls from the other 3 during the day.

I have a dear friend in Illinois whose father is dying of cancer, if you read this please remember Pat and Sandy in your prayers.

Lots to do and WHERE do I start. I'd misplaced my favorite ruler that I use to rotary cut my pieces for my quilts. After 2 weeks of searching I gave up looking and decided I'd find it when I least expected to, OR I'd buy another when I got desperate. As luck would have it, this past week I was moving fabric I'd put in a drawer in a plastic 3-drawer container and there was my ruler standing on it's side at the front of the drawer. I'd looked there twice before, but didn't move anything.

So lesson learned when looking for something move things in the drawers. LOL

Have a little more "cleaning" to do this morning then I can spend the rest of the week sewing mostly. Tomorrow I have new living room furniture being delivered (sofa and love seat), then a trip to the grocery store on Thursday. But all in between I will be either cutting or sewing. I hope to finish the tops I have started to the point they are ready to sandwich and quilt or send to the quilter.

I've been surfing and found some really neat new quilt patterns and of course saved to my files for future reference. I'm thinking sooner rather than later I need to try a couple, as if I need more projects.

No comments: