Saturday, May 17, 2008

Flash fom my Great Grandson

Not long after I come to stay for awhile and help my single mother Granddaughter with her two young boys I saved some orange seeds and helped the oldest plant them. Later when I had fixed some pinto beans to cook I save a few of the beans and helped him plant those too. After so long a time I decided the orange seeds weren't going to sprout and come up - but I hadn't told him yet.

The beans came up right away the bushes are now big and he is picking beans and sooooo excited.

He just came inside from checking his beans all excited telling me MeMaw come look, come look, two leaves, it's got two leaves. Nothing would satisfy him but I MUST come look. Well guess what down in between the pinto bean plants were two small orange trees emerging, one has two leaves the other the leaves aren't opened yet. This little boy all of 4 years old was so thrilled and excited. Now he is watching them often to keep a check on them. I have saved some apple seeds and will find a planter and plant them for him tooo.

It is amazing to me how very little it takes to to entertain a child. From 4 or 5 orange seeds and as many pinto bean seeds we have had hours of fun. There was the cost of $2.00 for the sack of good soil to plant them in but that is a small price to pay for the hours of fun.

I need to save and plant an avacodo seed too for him to watch grow.

No comments: